Thursday, March 29, 2007

Blessings

In a sudden fit of confidence, I suddenly had the biggest urge to quit my job. I'm not a very spontantious person.. I usually have to think things over a few times and then ask other peoples advice. But all I did was pray about it.. the next day I found myself handing my boss my resignation letter.. I think I was more suprised then he was. He actually was really sad to see my go and told me that I had been a real treasure among his team, then he went on to list all these things I had done for him,(that I thought went un noticed), but he had noticed and thanked me for each and every one of them.
It's amazing the places we leave our impact.. and we never realise.
nearly 5 years I had been doing the same thing, nearly 30 hours a week.... and then one day I woke up and God let me know he had bigger plans for me.

I had a little panic attack after uni on the train, last Monday, thinking about how on Sunday I wanted to thank God just a little bit more by giving God my whole pay check to help the homeless people of Melbourne... looking at my account the following day, I had a total of 52 cents. I had a wave of regret.. on EVERYTHING... from going back to uni, qutting my only income and giving away all the money I had. But it was slowly followed by a comforting voice telling me "I have better plans for you".

Yesterday I had my first contracted paying job, photographing the sights of the city for his apartment promosion. It was only a mere $75 but He really liked my photos, and is willing to offer me more work.

Everything is slowly falling into place. I am 100% relying on God.. and not on myself or anyone else.. something that is taking every once of my strength, which I find in my God alone...


(IF YOU NEED ANY PHOTOGRAPHY WORK DONE, I would really appreciate the work.)
I only charge $50- $75, which is realllly cheap.

2 comments:

Kyle Richards said...

i thought you might have quit, i asked... but the person thought otherwise
you are amazing

gemma said...

i'm amazing? not even close. My God is amazing.. I am nothing without Him, it is he, whome deserves all the praise.