Monday, August 14, 2006

My brain's repeating "if you've got an impulse let it out" But they never make it past my mouth.

I was talking to a lady at church on Sunday about our week and life at the moment. She was telling me that her and her husband were in the the city during the week and that they were trying to get into a restaurant but were turned away for being too full. Yet as they were leaving the maitrede approached them saying that another couple had just left in a hurry and there was a table there if they were still looking. She had a smile on her face and was like "I prayed a little prayer to God to let there be a table, He does answer prayers".
I did giggle (for no reason) and said "wow that awesome" but I didn't mean a word of it.
I actually felt more angry and slightly hurt, and suddenly I noticed the room, the closed doors and it's boxed in foyer. I excused myself and went into a toilet cubicle and cried. I tried to stop myself but instead I asked God what he was trying to say.
It occured to me, that God is bigger then these "day to day give-me-what-i-want" prayers, like, how many times do we go into a car park on Christmas eve and go "God, please let there be a car park that's preferably close to the entrance" I sure have, sometimes I get some luck.. other times I turn away and shake my head at God. I'm almost ashamed to admit that! Who am I to do that????
But I ask, if we call on God to help in the pathetic little things like finding parking spots or finding things we thought we had lost, are we the selfish nation?
I hate praying for myself or about myself. I don't even want to. Now everytime I think of a small prayer I suddenly feel reminded of the thousands of people who are troubled, in danger, on their own. God knows my needs I don't have to ask... But instead there are bigger things we need to keep calling on God over. He is possibly the only one who can make a difference in this world, who can put a solution to the war.... but it is on Him and we just need to keep seeking Him in this.
Ok, I am not saying that you should not pray for yourself, because God says that we need to do is ask to recieve... but things like "God I didn't study and I have a SAC tomorrow, please help me" WHAT THE HELL MAN! You should have studied in the first place!!?!!!! LAME.
sorry.
But you know what I mean? I think I get angry at this. Angry at people, Angry at myself...

No comments: