Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Years everyone... is it really happy?
I spent New Years in the city with some friends I only just met a few months ago at church. Typical walking around and watching people lose themselves in alcohol and such things. The fireworks was really good, and Bomba played some sweet reggae tunes. But it wasn't until after the countdown that I realised... this year is like no other. They played a medly of various songs, over the loud speaker, that were hits during 2006. Like Evermore and Pink.. but also they played "Forever Young" by Youth Group. That was the song that was played at Sean's funeral. I can't even look at a Youth Group album without crying, let-alone listen to that song. I realised 2007 will not be like any year... because I don't have one of my best friends to share it with. So the new years celebration was no longer celebration another year, it is mourning the friends I tragically lost during 2006, the relationships that failed and the friends who I never see.

what will 2007 hold?

No comments: