Friday, February 02, 2007

I'm balancing... falling and losing everything.

I’ve got to climb to the top,
Never stop till I reach it,
Tell I feel that I’m good
And that I’m in control Of life
and my thought
When I’m not I still preach it
Cuz they’re all gunna see if I start to fall
And lose control,
I’m losing control
Of this…

I’ve been balancing on suspended pianos
And trying to appear composed
It makes the loudest noise when they begin to crash
With eyes on me I force a laugh
You come to me,
And set me free

Across my arms across my chest
This is not a gift I can accept
But I appreciate the sentiment
I’ve worked too hard for righteousness
To just lay down while you hand me this
And put my faith in something you call grace
From you I’ve been lost inside a cave without a lantern
At every sound I start to run
Feel my way around the dark without a pattern
If I would wait you’d come
To rescue me and show the way

From you From you
(From you) trying to learn
What it falls beyond Beyond you Beyond you
(From you) trying to learn What is freely given
Every time that you Try to just redo
Just to give and take Is it in my face
Tell me that this blood Was (you)
him in vain

No comments: