Friday, October 06, 2006

Wasting your own time on my wasted time

I'm sitting in a small Brunswick cafe with my pencils, drawing pad, latte and laptop which I just discovered has wireless internet and so here I sit writing a sentence every few minutes between gazing out the window and unconsciously watching the school kids file in ordering extra strong macchiatos and hedge hog slices.

I'm slightly puzzled by these cafes at which the outdoor chairs are arranged in the style of a cinema. I guess it prevents arguments about just who gets to see the people walking by. I do fall into this "watching strangers" category. I'm not a freak, I swear.. I just find interest in the way people walk and talk. Although maybe I am a freak because I find myself, at the end of the day, with a sketchbook full of half drawn figures looking like they are in deep conversations. It is strange, I can look at a picture and remember exactly why I drew that person and what drew me to them.

There is this lady on the table next to me, who is reading a book that I left here last Tuesday. It is a beautiful book called 'Captivating' by John and Stasi Eldredge. I only came in to pick up the book but finding her reading it made me sit down and wait for her to leave.. Something inside me is making me want her to take the book and share it with her friends who will experience the beauty that book talks so honestly about. Yet I haven’t finished the book and I don't think mum would want me to give away a book that I brought for her birthday... yet it is so easily replaced.. I wonder how much a new book costs?

I've started lurking Deviantart again and catching up with artists and photographers from around the world. A boy, I made friends with a few years ago, is from Latvia and had been doing some interesting takes on new religions and idols that our society seems to worship. If you don't know already, I've started to take a turn and head towards ala natural. My family are vegan and I have decided to become vegan as well and I have decided that I don't want consume anything from Nestle or Schweppes (which is hard because they make EVERYTHING). why? because 1. I don't need it and 2. Because fare-trade is the way to go!

This! amused me:

anyways the cafe is starting to pack up and im still daydreaming.
So here is Gemma with an unusual entry, signing off.

No comments: