Saturday, October 13, 2007

Six Days at the Bottom of the Ocean

I lay on my bed surrounded by books and half finished cups of green tea. Sometimes I wonder why I never finish those cups of tea, but I never remember to remind myself of that wonder when im drinking my tea cup, and by the time i've sat it down and forgotten about it, it sits at the same level as all the other tea cups and I think "blast! I forgot to remember my wonder, now i'll never know what it would feel to reach the bottom of my cup"
I have a habit of leaving these tea cups in my room.
I think this says a lot of about my life, maybe your life. I will be focused on the task at hand which is so intensly good and an adventure.. but somewhere along the way my thoughts and priorities change and yet somehow years later I finally remember the task and remember how I never finished it.
I have an array of half completed paintings, drawings, musical interludes, writtings, journals... name it, i've probably once started it. But most probably never completed it.
So I am going back through my life and completing the things I once planned to do.
I only hope that I don't forget to complete the half finished halves that i had not finished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.