Monday, October 15, 2007

the sound of giving up

without a word i left the scene.
the broken heart lay there surrounded by blood and memories.
I left the room quietly and headed towards the front door, gathering speed with each step before I burst through it and out into the brightness of the sun.
As I collapsed on my knees, burying my head in my hands, I pulled my hair from it's roots and felt the warmth of the blood ooze from the pain. My eyes burned with tears and I scratched my arms till they were red and ached such pain I could barely move.
I cried into the son to save me. To take me from this place, to make me disappear forever.
Peoples passed by; strangers, brothers, sisters, friends. They looked at me and the mess I was... they avoided eye contact and just passed me by. blood seeping through my shirt and forming puddles on the path below me. They saw my tired hands and sad eyes, yet did not stop and offer me help. they just kept walking.
There I lay wimpering in pain, realising that the mess I was, is my own fault.
But im too far gone to help myself now.
I cried "My God! My God! save me from myself! I can not bare to do this again!! I can't..."

Take me home... Oh God, take me home....

No comments: