Saturday, September 09, 2006

Subcultural christian ladies



Ah ok, so I had my first SFS bible study last week. 14 girls (9 i had not met before) gathered in the back of a tattoo parlor in the city off flinders street. I actually got a little scared of the tattoo goth girls that turned up. But they had a massive heart for God and two girls, cassie and faith (whos real name is kirsten), shared their testimony. it has taken me over a year to get this thing up and running.. and this is the start of something beautiful.
I don't really talk about it to many people because a lot of people don't understand and 1. I got really tired of explaining that people who cover their flesh in tattoos and metal can love God and follow him so much stronger then jumper wearing Christians. 2. I don't want this to become something it was not set out to be.

So we had a little bit of a awkward worship and this Cassie asked if she could lead worship and use some of her own songs (happy Gemma right here). it only ran for 40 minutes because we didn't expect word to spread and more people to turn up haha

I know you don't read this, but I MUST give a massive thankyou to my ladies;
The Jenn
Peta
Nat
and Lucy
for the massive ammount of hard work you guys did for organising and finding a local and familiar place for us to meet! also thankyou for Nat for sharing her life story and being so brutely honest about your way you found Jesus, you really brought me to tears (of joy)

These are the people I am trying to reach, and I am finally reaching them.
prayer points:
1. that we find a little more permanent place
2. we can get the shirts printed up fast
3. we stay strong
4. more girls find out about this
5. God continues his work and gives us his guidence of where he wants this to go.

I have no idea when the next one will be. Maybe when Lucy returns from America.. who knows. maybe tonight? who knows.

ahhhh so excited and so in love with God!

EDIT: I forgot to explain that this started it in America, there is now one running in Adelaide and now Im trying to get this off the ground in Melbourne

No comments: