Monday, September 11, 2006

When all else fails, dye your hair black

"The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful,
a puzzle that no one can figure out.
But I, God, search the heart
and examine the mind.
I get to the heart of the human.
I get to the root of things.
I treat them as they really are,
not as they pretend to be."
Jeremiah 17:9-10
Something that has really been standing out to me while reading Jeremiah. I don't even know why I am reading Jeremiah.. it kinda just came to me one morning to read it. Well that verse means something.. not exactly sure what haha.
I am going to make an open appology to some people I may have offended with what I said a couple of entries ago. I guess when I get angry.. I get angry. It seems quite a few people have started reading this thing.. so maybe I should watch what I scream or maybe I should just keep going.
I've distanced and pulled myself out of the YITS cycle. I think it's the safest thing to do so I don't just go snapping at people and saying something I totally don't mean. So much stuff has been getting to me. Topping it off lately is this thing where the guys got together and got pissed, went for nude runs and sat proudly bosting about hangovers. Not attractive at all. Yet very degrading. It looks like one of those things they did and didn't think about. I am suddenly reminded they are kids, they are the 18/19 year olds, no different to any 18/19 year old stranger you pass on the street. I guess maybe seeing my parents families fall apart from the males being alcoholics and treating their wives like utter crap.. then seeing my parents choice to not drink in respect for each others pasts.... it opened my eyes to a lot of different views the world and myself hold on alcohol. If that was rude, im sorry.
anywayyyyssssss.
I guess Jeremiah has taught me a lot ey? hahaha

No comments: